Old 28-04-2004, 02:08 AM
John Savage

Default chilli/garlic spray - pet deterrent

"Raels" writes:
Last time, I managed to pick up the 'other' cat whilst the two were in
mid-fight having a 2.5 sec. pause. After picking the offending cat up I was
going to take it to the tap and 'hose it down' but it made such a hell of a
noise I had to let it go.

I've never tried this, but have made the suggestion many times: fill your
Supa-Soaker (monster water pistol) with water containing Icapec Syrup and
give the cat a good squirt so you get plenty on its coat. If your timing
is just right, the cat will return to its owners lounge-room carpet before
starting to lick the liquid off its coat .... (I'm assuming Icapec is
soluble in water.)

Another possibility, splash or squirt it with castor oil or quinine water.

If the cat is entering your property over a tall fence, perhaps you could
smear the top of the fence with Rawleighs Mustard Ointment (or Tiger Balm
or any greasy liniment). This would be rain-resistant, and getting a bit on
its paws would annoy the cat, more so when it attempted to lick it off. After
that, the mere smell of the Tiger Balm would be enough to keep the cat away.