Old 28-04-2004, 10:16 AM
Tiger303 Tiger303 is offline
Registered User

Location: Manchester
Question Storing spent Bulbs from Containers

have had a beautiful display of snowdrops, crocus, daffodils, tulips in different containers which have finished flowering. I've removed the dead flowers to stop seed-heads appearing but now i want to put something else in the containers.

how do i keep them over the summer months until i replant in autumn? I have a cellar which will stay dark and relatively cool, so is it just a case of removing the bulbs & leaves from container, letting the leaves die back and bulbs dry out and then keeping cool & dry over summer?

or do i have to let the leaves die back naturally in containers before removing?

thanks 4 your help