Old 28-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Richard Cline

Default Help with fruit trees!

In article , "Emil"
wrote:

Let us assume that the trees came from good grafted stock. (Natural
seedlings may not ever be productive.) Lemon trees are very easy to
grow and usually highly productive. Peach, nectaring, and plum are easy
to grow. The stone fruit may be varities that require more chill than
you are getting. It my also be that you are over feeding your trees. I
have peach, nectarine, and plum that I never feed. It is a major job
each spring to thin the fruit as the fruit set is greater than the tree
can support. I use deep watering with two to three weeks between
watering.

There are lots of additional questions. Do the trees get sunshine? Are
the varities suitable for the area? Do you prune the trees adequately?
How old are the trees?

Dick

Hi,

I live in Southern, CA, zones 9-10. I have a 3 fruit trees and 2 lemon
trees
in my backyard. The fruit trees are peach, nectarine and plum. They
recieve
adequate amounts of water plus are fed regularly. My problem is, when the
trees give buds that eventually turn into fruit (I don't know the correct
term) those buds just dry up. The trees don't produce fruit. I feed them
with Bandini fruit/citrus tree food. Is there anything I can add to the
soil
to give the trees a "boost" in order for the fruits to develop?

Thanks,
Emil