Old 28-04-2004, 07:03 PM
David Ross

Default New to California

Den wrote:

Err ... Los Angeles.

"David Ross" wrote in message
Den wrote:

Group:

Slight OT post ... so, having moved to LA from England, and having

largely
completed the unpacking we've started to turn our attention to the

garden.
Last night while planting in the twilight I got eaten alive by

mosquitoes
(or at any rate little insecty things). I'm not too keen on slapping on
anti-bug stuff all over myself ... what do other folks do to keep the
mosquitoes at bay? Are these blue zapper lights any good?

TIA

Den

PS: Now I understand why the windows have screens!

What part of California? Our climates vary from alpine, through
Mediterranean and near-tropical, to desert.

After this week's extreme heat and extremely low humidity, I think
the problem will soon be gone. Although mosquitos are occasionally
annoying in southern California, they are not a serious problem
unless you live adjacent to a persistent wetland or some other
breeding area (e.g., ornamental pond without fish).

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

complies with Web standards. See http://www.mozilla.org/.