Old 28-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Don Bosman

Default If you could order any plant..

Money Trees.

I ask at every store and they are alwasys sold out or on back order.

"NetMax" wrote in message
Based on your previous recommendations for floating, foreground,
midground etc, I have very nicely stocked plant tanks (6 x 60gallons),
*my thanks to all those who helped me*, but now, my discerning customers
want more unusual stuff, so I'm back for more recommendations.

I come armed with 2 catalogues from trans-shippers, with a combined
listing of 1,968 tropical plants. There are some repetitions between the
2 companies but not as much as you might expect, and there are internal
repetitions as they can be listed as bulbs, potted, bunched or loose, so
I figure there are about 500 unique varieties available.

Did I mention I have an open account with these 2 suppliers ;~) If you
want some of the names, just ask and I'll do my best. For example, in
Anubius, they show:

=ANUBIUS=
1.barteri var. barteri
2.barteri var. oriental green
3.barteri var. coffefolia
4.barteri broad leaf
5.barteri broad leaf small
6.barteri variegated
7.barteri fan
8.barteri marble
9.congensis
10.congensis-emerge
11.heterophylla
12.gigantea
13.hastifolia
14.hastifolia-emerge
15.lanceolata
16.lanceolata-emerge
17.barteri var. nana
18.barteri var. nana-emerge
19.nana 'small' -emerge
20.nana 'wrinkled leaf'
21.nana 'wrinkled leaf small'
22.nana 'eyes'
23.nana 'marble small'
24.nana 'narrow leaf'
25.nana 'narrow leaf small'
26.nana 'round leaf'
27.nana 'round leaf small'
28.petite
29.Gabon
30.afzeli
31.gracilis

As feedback for your previous help, I had a customer come in with a
shopping list, which she had collected from the web. She left the store
with Anubius coffefolia, Echinidorous tennelus, Frogbit, Red Tiger Lotus,
Ulvaceous undulatous, Crypts, Java moss and ferns, and some Riccia
fluitans (almost all these items were recommended to me from here). She
was beaming and visibly restraining herself from doing a jig each time I
said "yes, I have those over here" ).

--
NetMax