Old 28-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Best Plants to start with ?

"Conks" wrote in message ...

New to all this.

I'd like several plants that can grow in clay soil and that can achieve
a managable height of say, 1m.

Any recommendations ?

Believe me I'm not trying to be awkward but..... besides what Victoria has
asked.
Do you want Herbaceous plants that come up each spring and die back each
autumn, or shrubs (evergreen or deciduous?), or bulbs (spring, summer?), or
annuals, or veg.....are flowers important (big and blousy or small and
dainty)...... do you or anyone in the house suffer from hayfever?

Then there's, where are you roughly? What might grow well for me 15miles W
of London might not be any good for you.

When we know this sort of detail we could give you a definitive list ( but
it will be our favourites remember) :-)

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars