Old 07-02-2003, 07:45 PM
James Harris

Default [IBC] BCI magazine

I think if I were you, I would be annoyed! Especially since the author of the article felt inclined not give to credit where credit is due. Just my .02 cents worth.

Jim Harris
S.E. Michigan, Zone 5b

Colin Lewis 2/7/03 2:17:25 PM

Hi All,

I am a little embarrassed because I've been of the list for over a year;
I've been so preoccupied with setting up business here in the USA and then
trying desperately to keep up with it.

My embarrassment is mad eworse by the fact that I am here to querie
something rather than to contribute.

I have just received the latest BCI magazine, and I see that in the first
article on penjing there is an illustration of a western bonsai. A European
bonsai. In fact one of my former bonsai.

Not only is this tree not a penjing, but the photograph was reproduced
without my knowledge, without credit and, as far as I am aware, without the
permission fo the copyright holder (Best of European Bonsai1).

Should I be honoured that my tree was included? I think not. Should I be
annoyed? Dunno.

Ho hum....

Colin Lewis

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: