Old 29-04-2004, 07:45 PM
FarmerGiles FarmerGiles is offline
Registered User

Location: ireland
Default Greenhouse and Potato advice please

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grate Denini
Hello.Its well over a year since I posted on here (no PC,moved house etc
etc).
So-- a couple of questions if I may.
Firstly,where I live now has got a huge amount of land (over 200 acre) and
its great--all mature trees,land for the horses,chickens,rabbits,squirrels
etc etc.
However-- we only have a very small portion for "gardening" so to speak.I
have a little plot and intend putting a greenhouse on it.However--its got to
be a plastic one so I was wondering what the disadvantages might be over
traditional glass.Do they retain heat? Is consendation a problem etc.
Secondly-- I bought some fancy potatoes from Sainsburys the other week
(ayala they called em---nice little things).Anyway they have started
sprouting.
Would I be able to put some in a tub? If so how would I do it?
On this plot--- there is a row of 30 canes --- 15 a side.I intend growing
Sweet Peas up them.Any advice on that score?
Kindest Regards..
den

--
The Grate Denini. 3rd Earl of Harte le Pool