Old 29-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Brian

Default Killing redbuds? ? ?

This sounds very much like Japanese Knotweed. Quite the most pernicious weed
ever. Keep cutting it down and fill the hollow stems with Roundup and
eventually you will gain control. Do not try to dig it up~~just makes
matters worse and every small piece grows.
Best Wishes.
"Ray Jenkins" wrote in message
We have a weed which is almost a tree. My wife thinks it is called redbud.
The trunk is tube-type, almost like bamboo, but the leaves look almost

like
a maple leaf.

We cut it back, but it always comes back stronger. Standard weed-killers
don't seem to work.

If anyone has any ideas about how to kill this monster, we'd like to hear
them.