Old 30-04-2004, 09:02 AM
David

Default Which Cultivator ?

No_Garden_R wrote in message ws.com...
Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for the best budget
cultivator for domestic use ?. I would prefer as light a cultivator as
possible and one that doesn?t pull me around the garden like those
generally hired out.

The best ones are those with wheels and 3 speeds (gears).
They don't have to be carried at all and are easier to use than those
w/o wheels
On slow speed (first gear) they move along slowly and are easy to
manage and turn. They don't haul you around the garden, unless you go
too deep too quickly or the soil is too damp and you clog the tines in
which case they will try to take off (the tines turn faster than the
wheels)