Old 30-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Neil Jones

Default grass in raspberries :-(

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
The Reids30/4/04 11:56

My allotment is fully reclaimed except for the grass amongst the
raspberry canes. Are there any tips for getting the stuff out?

Would a 'weed wand' work? We have a gadget that is a clear plastic

tube
with a 'foot' running out of it at right angles. Around this foot,
lengthwise, is a stout piece of rope which soaks up the herbicide in

the
clear tube. This means we can safely dab at weeds among other shrubby
plants but without damaging the plant we want to keep. You could

probably
make something similar for yourself or attach e.g. a sponge to a stick

and
dip it into herbicide (making sure it doesn't drip onto the desirable
plants, of course!)
--

That sounds like a good gadget! I'm not sure it would have been much use
in my razzers, though, because the weeds were intwined in among the

Might be useful making something like that for elsewhere, though.

Neil