Old 01-05-2004, 05:02 AM
Cereus-validus

Default Beschorneria yuccoides pollen swap

So stop quibbling and send the man some pollen.

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:25:01 GMT, "Cereus-validus"
wrote:

You are showing your vast ignorance again, broccoli.

Beschorneria yuccoides is a Mexican species allied to Agave that is grown
outdoors in the southwestern US and in greenhouses in colder areas.

Pollen
can be mailed from the US to Britian with no problems.

It grows outdoors in the far south-west of the UK, in west Cornwall
(and the Isles of Scilly of course). The local council grow it as
roadside decoration!

Can also be grown outdoors in inner London, I believe.

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in

message
.. .

The message
from "TQPL" contains these words:

Hi Group.

Does any one have Beschorneria yuccoides in flower
spike and could like to swap some pollen?
Last year mine flowered and did not self pollinate
so I hope to get seed this year by usining another
clone.
Flower spike about 6ft now and opening fast. Seems
a shame not to go down the seed route.
Any help appreciated.
UK based.

You've posted to a mostly-USA group. You're more likely to find a UK
response at uk.rec.gardening.

Janet.

--
Chris