Old 01-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Mike Patterson

Default new pond

On Sat, 01 May 2004 14:06:54 GMT, "Destroyallx"
wrote:

i just finished my new pond about a month ago and it has a couple of potted
lillypads and rocks lining the inside with a pretty nice waterfall...
recently the pond has turned an ugly brownish green color...is this an algea
bloom?.. filter problems?.. need more plants? or something i just havta be
patient with? let me know. thanx

Green is algae, that's to be expected (probably 80% of questions here
are related to algae), but brown may be silt.

How does ground water /rainwater flow around your pond? I finally had
to dig a small trench all around the uphill side of my pond to keep
most of the the rain runoff out.

HTH

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.