Old 01-05-2004, 10:09 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default new pond

If it is circular, whats the diameter? You need to purchase test kits:
ammonia, nitrite, pH, & KH and a thermometer. What is your filtration set
up? How many gallons per hour are you turning over? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

On Sat, 01 May 2004 20:06:14 GMT, "Destroyallx" wrote:

ok...
the pond is located in my front yard in the hudson valley area of new york
(upstate ny). there are 3 small koi, 3 large gold fish and 2 shubkins. The
pond liner is 20x20 so..idk how many gallons..but its circular, and about a
maximum of 18inches deep. it never recieves any natural shade, unless its
cloudy!.....
remember the pond is under a month old...so may be a bloom??
this help?? thanx!!
john
"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
"Destroyallx" wrote in message
.. .
i just finished my new pond about a month ago and it has a

couple of potted
lillypads and rocks lining the inside with a pretty nice

waterfall...
recently the pond has turned an ugly brownish green

color...is this an algea
bloom?.. filter problems?.. need more plants? or something

i just havta be
patient with? let me know. thanx

A lot of times ponds will settle out on their own,
if you're patient. If it doesn't clear in another
month or so, ask again, but provide more
information to diagnose the problem, like water
test results, typical amount of sun/shade, fish
load (if any) - anything that might affect the
balance in the pond, including where you live!

There are a bunch of online pond resources. A
few I have bookmarked follow. The first, Robyn's
site, I recommend. I even bought her book. The
others look fine but I haven't spent as much time
exploring them.
http://www.fishpondinfo.com/pond.htm

http://members.aol.com/marylady/pondpals/resource.htm
http://aquanic.org/publicat/state/il-in/faq/faq.htm