Old 02-05-2004, 05:08 AM
NetMax

Default If you could order any plant..

Oh yeah, I love Madagascar Lace, I order it all the time. The weirdest
thing is the way it grows under different conditions. In soft water
1.3wpg = tall thin leaves, but in hard water 2.7wpg = low wide flat
leaves. I'm not certain how much the water hardness, higher pH and lower
CO2 comes into play. I've run lace under higher light soft water and
still gotten the traditional big leaves in the mid & upper levels.

I wish I could always get the lace to give me these wide low leaves. It
made a great canopy for small bottom-feeders and baby fish. I almost had
a complete community hanging out under the protection of the leaves.
It's neat to see them inches away from fish who would normally try to eat
them. It's too bad that there aren't more lace varieties available. New
plants by hybridization is an idea I could get behind, as soon as we are
finished exploring what naturally exists.

--
http://www.netmax.tk/

"Happy'Cam'per" wrote in message

Howbout a Madascar Lace Plant? Its a real beaut!
That is all.
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

"NetMax" wrote in message
news
"Cris" wrote in message
s.com...
Coolest floating plant I've ever seen - Phyllanthus fluitans (Red
Root Floater).

Cris

On my list so far, I have
Lilaeopsis novazelandae and
Glossostigma elatinoides.

No Phyllanthus fluitans in my catalogue : (

As for male Egeria densa, my suppliers already think I'm a geek. No

need
to reinforce the notion ;~)
--
http://www.netmax.tk/