Old 02-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Ricky

Default 3 trunked palm plant on "In a Fix"?

"Brandon" wrote in message
On a recent episode of the show " In a fix" they renovated a homes

backyard
around a pool. There was a section where they introduced a palm plant

that
had three trunks and the called it a "triple...something or other, it was
hard to understand the biological name. they said it can come in single
double triple or 4 trunk varieties. I would guesstimate that trunk

diameter
on this plant was 3-4 inches(each).
By chance did anyone see this show and know of which palm I speak?
Any guesses otherwise?

There are multiple trunked palms such as the Areca (Dypsis lutecens) which
are close clumping multi-trunked palms nature makes and then there are
multiple palms that man makes by starting several seeds in one pot. Almost
any palm can be man made into a multiple. The common ones are the Dwarf
Pygmy Date palm (Phoenix robellenii) and the Christmas Palm (Adonidia
merrillii).