Old 02-05-2004, 03:08 PM
JRYezierski

Default Eating Last Season's Frozen Peppers!

"---Pete---"
wrote:

Peppers pick them ,bring in house wipe clean/dry with terry towel/cotton
t-shirt.Make sure thay are dry(not dryed out) than either put them in

your
freezer containers you use if you going to use the whole amount at once.

-----
You don't actually wash them, and just wipe them clean?
If so, can you explain why?

What is the need to wash them?
Have you sprayed some pesticide on them organic or chemical ?
If you have sprayed them than yes give them a good rinse but shake all water
off of them thats possible than wipe dry.
What was the amount of ice crystals did you have on your peppers frozen
dripping wet?
A lot I'm sure.The ice breaks down the cells and makes them mushy.Ever
notice when you bouhgt frozen veggies from the grocery store they don not
have ice on them or that some products have on the label "flash frozen". It
all has to do the keeping the veggi'sd cells in good shape so when you go to
use/eat them they will taste good.
With all those plastic bags your using ever think of putting them in a
empty box of say waffles so that when the veggies freeze the bag will have
shape to make your storage neater/easier.
Give it a try and let me know your results.I dont work for Tilla but do
have their Proffessional Model of Vacum Sealer and highly suggest that you
purchase of their vacum sealers.My freezer items have no more freezer
burn.It really does work like their informmertials say.
Your welcome
Jerome
Normally I rinse them under cold tap water and transfer the
dripping wet peppers into plastic freezer bags for freezing
immediately. If you feel this is an inncorrect method can you
explain why?

Thanks
---pete---