Old 02-05-2004, 03:09 PM
quilla

Default Fish vs Sunlight

I live in the south of the UK & I want to construct a second pond, which
will be stream fed from my first pond. The first pond is in direct sun for
most of the day & has lots of wildlife inc' great crested newts & a couple
of grass carp, but the second pond will be in dappled shade & surrounded by
thin bushes & small trees.

I intend to dig it to about 1500 gallons. Predominantly I want to stock
medium size carp, maybe koi's, orfes & tench etc..

Will the lack of direct sunlight be too detrimental to the health of the
fish & what other concerns shold I consider?

Thanks

Quilla