Old 02-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Evil Noodle

Default Murky Pond

I have a small pond which has been established for about six years,
has never been filtered and only contains a couple of 5" goldfish.

Wanting to finally do something with it all, (and seeing further down than
four inches would be nice) I bought a Fishmate pressurised filter with UV.
Now I'm sure this is great once it's been running for a time but at the
moment the filter sponge is too coarse to catch the sediment that has been
stirred up, and I now have a pond I can't see more than two inches into.

So the question is how long on average will I have to wait before the
filter shows results? it's already killing the algae but again it's not
filtering
it out very efficiently yet.

Cheers.