Old 02-05-2004, 08:02 PM
Tyra Trevellyn

Default How to sow seeds evenly

From: (Gulph)
Date: Sun, May 2, 2004 12:22 PM
Both great suggestions. Thanks. I think I'll go with the cornmeal,
since there is a sack of it in the pantry that has gone untouched
since we went on Atkins.

Mark

(Roy) wrote in message

.. .
Some folks mix small tiny seeds in sand but I found corn meal works
good as the density of meal is lighter so the seeds mix in more
readily and the mix stays more consistent.

Word of warning: do a test first on a wee patch of ground, using only a small
quantity of seeds in the cornmeal. Squirrels and many birds dote on cornmeal.
Keep a watch for frantic activity at the spot. If there is any, go the sand
route.

Best,
Tyra
nNJ usa z7