Old 03-05-2004, 12:05 AM
nambucca

Default Transplating a Smoke Bush

"Simon Latimer" wrote in message
I have a 2 year old 'Cotinus Flaame' which is just starting to come into

leaf - it isn't very big but I have realised that the place
I have put it isn't right - there's not enough room and probably not

enough sun. Could anyone advise me as to whether this is an
appropriate time of the year to transplant it to another part of the

garden and how robust they are in terms of surviving such
treatment?

Many thanks,
Simon

I dont thik its al all wise to move shrubs until late autumn when they are
dormant and get the benefit of winter rains to settle them in
If we have a hot summer you are likely to loose a cotinus .....they like a
good amount of water