Old 02-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Simon Latimer

Default Transplating a Smoke Bush

I have a 2 year old 'Cotinus Flaame' which is just starting to come into leaf - it isn't very big but I have realised that the place
I have put it isn't right - there's not enough room and probably not enough sun. Could anyone advise me as to whether this is an
appropriate time of the year to transplant it to another part of the garden and how robust they are in terms of surviving such
treatment?

Many thanks,
Simon

Old 02-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Simon Latimer wrote:
I have a 2 year old 'Cotinus Flaame' which is just starting to come into leaf - it isn't very big but I have realised that the place
I have put it isn't right - there's not enough room and probably not enough sun. Could anyone advise me as to whether this is an
appropriate time of the year to transplant it to another part of the garden and how robust they are in terms of surviving such
treatment?

Dunno, but now is far better than later in the summer. Given their
general toughness and the youth of your plant, my guess is that it
would transplant quite happily.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:05 AM
nambucca

"Simon Latimer" wrote in message
I have a 2 year old 'Cotinus Flaame' which is just starting to come into

leaf - it isn't very big but I have realised that the place
I have put it isn't right - there's not enough room and probably not

enough sun. Could anyone advise me as to whether this is an
appropriate time of the year to transplant it to another part of the

garden and how robust they are in terms of surviving such
treatment?

Many thanks,
Simon

I dont thik its al all wise to move shrubs until late autumn when they are
dormant and get the benefit of winter rains to settle them in
If we have a hot summer you are likely to loose a cotinus .....they like a
good amount of water

Purple smoke bush Patricia Thorpe United Kingdom 0 02-10-2011 12:41 PM
Pruning Smoke Bush (cotinus) Gaz[_2_] United Kingdom 2 27-08-2008 07:38 AM
Smoke Bush, No Flowers, Unusual ?? Mutant? [email protected] Gardening 0 13-07-2007 06:00 PM
smoke bush ROSS Gardening 2 28-03-2005 04:32 PM
Purple smoke tree ande Gardening 8 18-04-2003 07:08 PM