Old 03-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Robert

Default How bad is tomato blight?

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
: On Sun, 2 May 2004 21:29 +0100 (BST), (Steve Harris)
: wrote:
:
: I was listening to GQT today and they were saying how bad tomato blight
: is, how susceptible Gardeners Delight is and that they were going to do
: trials to find a resistant variety.
:
: Er, I grew Gardeners Delight last summer outdoors with no blight.
:
: Was it just (as they hinted) that last year was exceptional?
:
: Would I be well advised to spray my crop this year every 14 days as a
: precaution?
:
I am in Plymouth and I have stopped growing tomatoes altogether because the
blight affects my plants so much that it is disheartening and a waste of
time and space. I have tried a couple of sprays but they have little effect
and I don't like spraying anyway