Old 03-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Remydog

Default Problems with OASE no-niche skimmer

If one of you could possibly take a closeup photo and email it to me, that
would be appreciated. There are no rectangular holes on mine. Rather, there
are four small round holes about 3/4 inches below the top inside the float
ring.

I want to be sure I know exactly what to enlarge.

MSK
"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
s.com...
Ditto, on clipping the rectangle up closer to the top edge. I'm running
mine, combo bottom drain & skimmer at about 1,300 gph, and it pulls in
small leaves. In the winter I run the skimmer alone at only 300 gph, this
is to keep blowing dust off the surface, since the ponds are screened from
fall to spring.

The Demon Pond skimmer/bottom drain combo are running with a pump pushing
2,000 gph approx. it had to be clipped too, to function at it's best. I
think one must really have good flow to get them to work really well, big
leaves, etc. I know I've seen some working that way, I just haven't
bothered to ask how big their pumps are. Guess I'll ask next time. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design, or the Demon Pond:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

On Sat, 1 May 2004 15:22:47 -0500, "Mickey" wrote:

If I remember correctly they are a rectangle and I cut them up so they

were
closer to the top. The result is less air trapped in the top so it can be
pulled down easier. I had a problem with mine rocking also. Make sure the
floating ring does not stick with the reduced clearance caused by the

tape.
Mine would get stuck up without any help and cause my pump to run dry.