Old 03-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Unwanted Vines

Mike LaMana said:

If I am right don't try to pull them up if the infestation is widespread -
they sucker like mad. I would spray the after they leaf out, but of course
this will kill the whole plane and the neighbor may not like that.

If you can trench along the property line and cut all your vines free from
the neighbor's, you can safely use a systemic herbicide like Roundup on your
property without causing any dieback of the neighbor's vines (that's assuming
no spray drift). It may take several treatments and will require constant vigilence
as the vines will continue to encroach from next door.

(attributed to Don Marti)