Old 03-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Laura J

Default plant before or after rain?

I finally have my first garden put together and am ready to plant my first
seeds (beets, arugula and peas). We're supposed to get rain pretty much all
week. If I plant the seeds now, are they going to wash away? Is it better
to plant before or after a rainstorm? It's a raised bed garden with peat
moss, compost and a little vermiculite so it should have good drainage.

Thanks also to everyone who answered my last question regarding the
vermiculite. In the end, I just bought 2 of the small bags and raked them
in. I definitely thing that making it 1/3 of the mix would have been
overkill.

LauraJ
Zone 6a (Boston, MA)