Old 03-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Paul

Default Nutrafin CO2 system

I have just mixed up a batch of yeast mix .... the pre-packaged
(premeasured?) mixes have run out. I measured the yeast and the bicarb in
the sachets. There was 1/8 of a teaspoon of yeast and a half teaspoon of
bicarb. I have repeated that for this mix. I'll see if I get the same
results as with the sachets,will post my findings here. Just as a bit of
Background to those offering suggestions as to why my set-up is not
performing as well as The manufacturer claimed it would. (I appreciate any
input that anyone cares to give... I like to bounce ideas around in the
search for a solution to a problem) I live in the tropics, (Mackay
Queensland, Australia) not sure what the temp inside the house is but
according to the local Newspaper our temps yesterday were Max.25C (77F)
Min.14C(57F)
I doubt it would be too cold for the yeast to continue producing co2.... as
well as that I have the generator under the aquarium along with the ballasts
(2) for the flouro lighting systems. The cabinet has doors that are always
closed on the front but the back is open ...but only a couple of inches away
from the wall.
I am going to make a second generator out of a 12" length of 4"diameter pvc
pipe. Glue a cover on one end (the Bottom) and glue a screw on cover on to
the other end. There are pvc hose fittings available here. (not sure what
they are actually designed for) but they have one end that will take the
tubing that comes with the Nutrifin Co2 generator kit and a screw thread and
pvc nut on the other. I plan to drill a neat hole in the screw on PVC pipe
cover. Place a fibre washer on each side of the hole then seal it with the
pvc nut that is supplied with the fitting. I'll report in here how it goes
when I get around to building it.
I'll try and find out what the hose fitting is designed for as well.

Cheers
Paul.

"Phil Williamson" wrote in message
Just bought a nutrafin CO2 system but I've noticed I can't get the bubbles
to go up the bubble counter properly, has anyone else had this problem?

How do you like your Nutrafin CO2 generator?

Phil..

---