Old 03-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Brian

Default How bad is tomato blight?

Tomato blight is the same fungus as Potato blight[P. infestans] and is quite
devastating. It has been around forever. The Irish famine 1848 was due to
this blight.
Bordeaux mixture, or similar, is the only preventative and easily washes
off the fruits. I understand that it is accepted as 'organic'.
Grown under cover~~ greenhouse or cloches, is one way to avoid infection.
Best Wishes Brian.

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
I was listening to GQT today and they were saying how bad tomato blight
is, how susceptible Gardeners Delight is and that they were going to do
trials to find a resistant variety.

Er, I grew Gardeners Delight last summer outdoors with no blight.

Was it just (as they hinted) that last year was exceptional?

Would I be well advised to spray my crop this year every 14 days as a
precaution?

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/