Old 04-05-2004, 01:03 AM
gary davis

Default grass in raspberries :-(

On 4/30/04 3:56 AM, in article ,
"The Reids" wrote:

My allotment is fully reclaimed except for the grass amongst the
raspberry canes. Are there any tips for getting the stuff out?

I have raspberries and have resigned myself to the moving of them about
every 10 years. This allows me to pick out all the weeds by their roots.
Then after replanting the raspberries I mulch with leaves, pine tree
needles, or something like that. Weeding after is easy because the weeds
are new and are in the mulch and not very deep. I have a source of chicken
manure and I dig trenches along the rows that I fill with chicken manure and
cover. Great results!
Gary
Fort Langley
BC