Old 04-05-2004, 02:03 AM
Mike Prager

Default Vitex (was: Source for Viburnum rufidulum)

escapee wrote:

I have a huge Vitex agnus-castus 'Carolina Blue.' It is about 12 feet tall now
and oh, 20 feet wide. It is about 5 years old and started with a four inch pot
of it Now I have them germinating all over the place. I dig them out in the
fall and like today at the garden club, have them to swap. It's a beautiful
plant.

Indeed, that's the one I'm looking for! I prefer a more blue
tinge to the grayish purple more commonly found. However, the
locals seem to have just the species.

Mike

Mike Prager
Beaufort, NC (on the coast in zone 8a)
(Remove spam traps from email address to reply.)