Old 04-05-2004, 02:03 AM
Mike Prager

Default Vitex (was: Source for Viburnum rufidulum)

escapee wrote:

I have a huge Vitex agnus-castus 'Carolina Blue.' It is about 12 feet tall now
and oh, 20 feet wide. It is about 5 years old and started with a four inch pot
of it Now I have them germinating all over the place. I dig them out in the
fall and like today at the garden club, have them to swap. It's a beautiful
plant.

Indeed, that's the one I'm looking for! I prefer a more blue
tinge to the grayish purple more commonly found. However, the
locals seem to have just the species.

Mike

Mike Prager
Beaufort, NC (on the coast in zone 8a)
(Remove spam traps from email address to reply.)
Old 04-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Beecrofter

I have the one with the cream colored blossoms.
I am waiting to see how badly it winter killed.
Here in zone 6 we had a zone 5 winter.
42°N
Old 04-05-2004, 05:02 PM
escapee

On Tue, 04 May 2004 00:03:03 GMT, Mike Prager
§kill-spam§mprager@§alum.§mit.§edu opined:

escapee wrote:

I have a huge Vitex agnus-castus 'Carolina Blue.' It is about 12 feet tall now
and oh, 20 feet wide. It is about 5 years old and started with a four inch pot
of it Now I have them germinating all over the place. I dig them out in the
fall and like today at the garden club, have them to swap. It's a beautiful
plant.

Indeed, that's the one I'm looking for! I prefer a more blue
tinge to the grayish purple more commonly found. However, the
locals seem to have just the species.

Mike

Mike Prager
Beaufort, NC (on the coast in zone 8a)
(Remove spam traps from email address to reply.)

If you are willing to wait till the fall I can mail you a nice sized specimen.
I only ask you pay the shipping. I have several out there needing to be dug up.
I didn't get the chance this spring, but they transplant well if removed at the
proper time. It can also give me an opportunity to see the color of the bloom
to make sure you get what you want. I have the species in the yard too, but in
my experience, the plants come true at the base of the mother plant.

Let me know.

Victoria
Old 05-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Mike Prager

I have a huge Vitex agnus-castus 'Carolina Blue.' ...

If you are willing to wait till the fall I can mail you a nice sized specimen.
I only ask you pay the shipping. I have several out there needing to be dug up.

Victoria,

That is a wonderful offer, and one I will take you up on. If
you can manage to despam my email address & send me a note, I
will send you my mailing address.

Thanks!

Old 05-05-2004, 02:05 PM
escapee

On Tue, 04 May 2004 23:16:19 GMT, Mike Prager
§kill-spam§mprager@§alum.§mit.§edu opined:

I have a huge Vitex agnus-castus 'Carolina Blue.' ...

If you are willing to wait till the fall I can mail you a nice sized specimen.
I only ask you pay the shipping. I have several out there needing to be dug up.

Victoria,

That is a wonderful offer, and one I will take you up on. If
you can manage to despam my email address & send me a note, I
will send you my mailing address.

Thanks!

Mike

Mike Prager
Beaufort, NC (on the coast in zone 8a)
(Remove spam traps from email address to reply.)

I already thought I did email you. Let me know if you didn't get my email.

victoria

Old 05-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Mike Prager

V--

Didn't get any email from you. Please try again, using this
address:

mprager a.t alum d.ot mit do.t edu

but replace the parts in angle brackets with the usual
punctuation.

....Mike

escapee wrote:

[...]

[IMG] code is On

Vitex Trees cal Texas 5 13-11-2004 10:54 PM
Viburnum rufidulum Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 0 13-09-2004 02:58 PM
[IBC] Rusty Haw - Viburnum rufidulum Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 13-09-2004 12:36 PM
Chaste Tree (vitex agnus-castus) Scott Harper Texas 10 02-08-2004 02:04 PM
Source for Viburnum rufidulum Mike Prager Gardening 23 05-05-2004 02:04 PM