Old 04-05-2004, 05:08 AM
Steveo

Default applying fertilizer

"Matt" wrote:
I fertilized my lawn for the first time. I borrowed my neighbour's drop
spreader. When I returned it to him he asked if I did a perpendicular
pass when applying. He mentioned that I would get lines in my
grass...where the fertilizer would have been missed.

Well. I didn't realize that spreading fertilizer is like painting a
wall. You would have to stare for a very long time to find the art in the
design that I left (my yard shape is irregular). I thought that the
fertilizer would spread in the soil after a rain...actually, I wasn't
thinking...

How much time should laps before applying more fertilizer?

Matt

I didn't catch where you live but I'd be re-doing it
right now, here in N Ohio.

I'd be using a broadcast spreader instead of a drop, with
no weed control..food only.

Run it at half rate, in both directions. Then get your lawnmower
gassed up.

--
I won't retire, but I might retread.