Old 04-05-2004, 07:02 AM
gregpresley

Default Unwanted Vines

I would add that you could or should sink a barrier in the trench -
preferable metal or very thick plastic - and as deep as you can dig. Most
perennials shoot their traveling root systems no deeper than 8-12 inches, so
if your barrier is deeper than that, you should be able to contain the horde
from the neighbor.
"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
Mike LaMana said:

If I am right don't try to pull them up if the infestation is

widespread -
they sucker like mad. I would spray the after they leaf out, but of

course
this will kill the whole plane and the neighbor may not like that.

If you can trench along the property line and cut all your vines free from
the neighbor's, you can safely use a systemic herbicide like Roundup on

your
property without causing any dieback of the neighbor's vines (that's

assuming
no spray drift). It may take several treatments and will require constant

vigilence
as the vines will continue to encroach from next door.

(attributed to Don Marti)