Old 04-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Chris

Default Mosquito Magnet

"God Bless Texas" wrote in message
"Chris" wrote in message
Has anyone tried this product? It's pricey but comes with rave reviews
including from the military. With my poorly-installed underground

drainage
of my roof downspouts every summer we get deluged by mosquitoes. With a

new
dog that has to go outside a couple of times a day and West Nile set to

take
over, I'm considering shelling out the cash. However, I'd love to have

local person's opinion, good or bad, first.

Near as I can tell it's a bug zapper with a slow-leak CO2 tank attached.
When I heard about these, I wondered if I could rig a slow-leak CO2 from a
gas-powered BB gun cartridge, and just lay it in the bottom of a bug

zapper
(with a tarp around it, maybe?) and accomplish the same thing.

Actually, they are quite more complex than that. Do a search and some
reading. The govnment used these to clear off some uninhabitable land in
the Bahamas once capturing some insane amount of mosquitos in the process.
Some people report having fantastic results but the price of the units make
me a little gunshy. That's why I'd love some personal notes on their usage
around the austin area.
Chris