Old 04-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Sue da Nimm

Default nettles

"shez" wrote in message
om...
We have an old garden that has almost been taken over by nettles. We
want to kill the nettles but not the grass. Will SBK do this, please?
Also I remember reading that one of the herbicides degrades to
fertiliser, is this correct, and is it SBK?
Thanks for your help
Shez

A better option is just to mow them. I'd also leave them and allow the grass
to grow through the mulch.
After repeated mowing they will stop appearing. (Did this on a half-acre
plot full of bramble and nettle. The nettles succumbed easily, the brambles
kept trying to show for a couple of years. Now they're only a problem if we
dig a bed - full of dead bramble roots!)