Old 04-05-2004, 10:04 AM
klara King

Default Memorial tree plant

In message , Rach
writes
I have a really small patio / courtyard type garden, which gets a lot
of sun. Recently my dog died. We will get his ashes back later this
week and I am going to plant them in a massive post with a small tree -
you know as a memorial.

Any advice as to which trees would work well?
I want something that will be hardy throughout summer and winter and
will not need to be moved inside in frosts. I am thinking of something
that wont really grow above a metre and a half in height.

Sorry to hear about your dog - they leave quite a void, don't they?

There are many beautiful small Japanese maples that do very well in pots
all year round - small serrated leaves in summer, beautiful autumn
colour. Once the tree has settled down you could add small spring bulbs
around it if the pot is big enough. It sounds just the thing for a
courtyard garden.

Klara

--
Klara, Gatwick basin