Old 04-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Christopher Norton

Default council and allotments help svp

The message
from Jan contains these words:

Thank Steve, it's always interesting to hear what other people around
the country have or pay. Yours seems really nice.
We currently pay £35 and soon to pay £58 (non-res £ £108) no toilets and
also subs on top of that amounting to another £20. My excess produce is
given to elderly neighbours who can't always afford to buy fresh fruit &
veg - so I am helping them to keep healthy and away from the NHS.
Meanwhile our council tax went up by 24% last year and 8% this. Plus we
will end up paying for the money allocated from the GLA for cycle lanes
that Barnet have decided to remove! If I didn't have a small dependent
mother & sister in London I would seriously get out of here :-(
Thanks again.
--
Jan - N. London

Allotmets in rainy Boston are currently £13 per annum but we have been
advised that the price will be going up next year. No indication as yet.