Old 04-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Michelle

Default Memorial tree plant

you can plant almost anything you want in a pot Even a pet I'd use a
miniature fruit tree or bush like a very small black sweet cherry or
try a dog wood pretty and i trained one to a very large pot it has
to be a big one but you can do it and just wrap the pot in the winter
and leave it out side the fruit is nice and every time you get a
crop you can think about your friend I planted wild floweres over my
pet and every time I pick them i think about him and it feels nice.
it's nice that you want to remember your pet they often become part of
the family and lots of people just forget about them
good luck with your effort.
in a big enough pot you can do just about any thing just make sure
when your at the nursery you pick the pot first and then find what
fits with some advice from the nursery person they often will have
books to help you and or information about watering pruning which is
important for a potted tree.
sorry you lost your dog but this is a nice way to feel he is still
sort of with you .
michelle
On Tue, 4 May 2004 07:31:15 +0100, "Rach"
wrote:

Hi,
This is a bit of an odd question I suppose but I have a really small patio /
courtyard type garden, which gets a lot of sun. Recently my dog died. We
will get his ashes back later this week and I am going to plant them in a
massive post with a small tree - you know as a memorial.

Any advice as to which trees would work well?
I want something that will be hardy throughout summer and winter and will
not need to be moved inside in frosts. I am thinking of something that wont
really grow above a metre and a half in height.

I was thinking perhaps a rose tree or some sort of palm tree?

I know this is an odd question, but I know virtually nothing about gardening
and hoped that someone out there could help me?

Thanks

Rach