Old 04-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Beecrofter

Default Garden Insect

"Ms.Green" wrote in message news:ehClc.359702$oR5.245145@pd7tw3no...
Hi,

I've noticed a bunch of little wasp/bumble bee like insects burrowing around
the edge of some of my plants, I was wondering if there was any way to tell
if they were a good insect (like that fly parasite wasp that I've heard
about) or if it's no good for my garden, short of having my plants die
(since that would probably be a good indicator that they weren't friendly
bugs

Thanks alot,
greenie.

A better description might help.
This is like asking what kind of tires do I put on a blue car.
Location, size,size of holes, smooth or fuzzy, coloration.
In North America there are 3000 species of bees, most are benneficial.
The fly parasite wasp is around the same size as a fruit fly.
Wasp and bee are not interchangeable

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.