Old 04-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Michelle

Default What should I know to get started in growing herbs organically?

most herbs are just useful weeds they are hardy and tolerant to dry
and lots of sun. i
i have mounds of mint baisel sage ect. they
grow well and i do nothing to them but they are out side and i mulch i
have brought in and cultivated some fror neighbors to have and they
grow well even if i forget about them for a few days
have a go at it it's fun and easy i also grow them inside in a
strawberry pot (one with holes all in theside of a vase like pot
they do well in that and it is an attractive house plant to boot
i put rosemary or baisel in the top and just fill in the sides with
parsley and what ever else floats my boat i also like dill and chives
which do well too.
have fun happy cooking
michelle

On Mon, 03 May 2004 16:57:06 GMT, "M. Tiefert"
wrote:

Allan Hughes wrote:
I am interested in growing herbs organically, probably indoors.

What do I need?

Pots, potting soil, small herb plants, water, organic fertilizer (but
herbs generally don't need much fertilizer), enough light, book on
growing herbs

Where do I get it?

Local plant nursery, or local Home Depot or Lowes or similar.

Resources? Ideas? TIps?

Just do it! :-)

cheers,

Marj