Old 04-05-2004, 06:02 PM
theoneflasehaddock

Default Canada thistle

Subject: Canada thistle
From: "EBG"
Date: 4/30/2004 11:37 AM Central Daylight Time
I have this Canada thistle everywhere and I'll assume it's from my finch
feeder?

Anyway, I read where you can get rid of it by not letting it go to
seed.....is that true?

Just cut it before it seeds and it won't propagate any other way?

Damn that Canada.

just dig it at the base. If you break the roots, most thistles won't come back
from them. Just get a long shovel, poke it into the dirt just below it, reach
under the damned thing and carry it off.

We had, thanks to the previous owners of our house, about 30 of the suckers
this year - some made it to over a foot across before we got them.

-

theoneflasehaddock