Old 04-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Kevin Groves

Default more strawberries

I'm on my second season of alpine strawberries. Small but so amazinly
full of flavour that I don't want those tastless large things you get in
the supermarkets any more.

The seed packet says the plants will produce for around 3-4 years. They
are much larger already this season and have perked up quite a bit. I
think I might start some more off as I lost about a third of last year's
seedlings to either forgetting to water them or when it did rain the
tub(s) didnt have enough drainage and so rotted. I still have around 30
plants, although I still had to give 20 away to family due to space
problems.

Damn fine fruit.

Kev,