Old 05-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Anne Lurie

Default most satisfactory plants

Lynne,

Where did you get your "Blanc Double de Coubert"?

I just returned from visiting a friend who bought Blanc, and I decided I
really want one, but don't know where to find it in the Triangle.

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"Lynne in NC" wrote in message
Old Roses: David Austen's Heritage (just about the most beautiful pale
pink cupped flowers imaginable, with wonderful fragrance. Worth a
little effort to kick the beetles off of the tender leaves!); Blanc
Double de Coubert (very hardy and fragrant white rugosa. Beetles have
no chance with its tough leaves)

Shade Plants: Astilbes (I just moved one on a rather hot day and it
didn't even notice. The dried plumes are nice winter interest, too)

Wildflowers: Meadow Rue, Baptisia, Carolina Bush Pea, Solomon's Seal,
Climbing Aster

Lynne in Orange County