Old 05-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Tom Randy

Default ivy in my grass

On Mon, 03 May 2004 10:13:57 -0400, DC Gringo wrote:

I put down weed killer twice now. It's done a very good job except for
one plant that's all over my front yard. They were intermingled with the
violets which are now dead.

I'm pretty certain it's actually ivy now--which resists my weedkiller.
How can I rid my grass of ivy?

_____
DC G

Ground ivy is nearly impossible to get rid of. I've tried the Borax idea,
it didn't do anything. I tried Ortho's weed killer that SUPPOSED to be for
ground ivy and after 3 applications the ivy just LAUGHS at it. Pulling I
believe is the only way and if you have a LOT, that's out of the question.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

There was something called "Dragon" that was supposed to be good but they
went out of business I'm told. Figures.