Old 05-05-2004, 03:09 AM
Emily

Default Indigo Buntings

"Lynne in NC" wrote in message
We've been seeing quite a number of Indigo Buntings in the garden
lately. Truly stunning birds! (especially so when seen eating thistle
next to a goldfinch)

Anyone else have some interesting bird visitors of late?

Lynne in Orange County

Oooh, wish we'd see Indigo Buntings here (also Orange Co.) We did have a
few passing through a couple of years ago, but none this year (yet). We do
have three male Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks, though. They seem to pass through
every year, stay a couple of weeks filling their bellies with our seeds,
then continue their migration. So exotic and lovely to see. We also have a
pair of Summer Tanagers, singing in the trees and looking pretty. :-)

Emily