Old 05-05-2004, 10:12 AM
Nick Wagg

Default Sad buddleja

"Glen Able" wrote in message

I never know if a lack of response means, "don't know", "don't care" or
possibly, "that's so obvious I'm not even going to answer"

It usually means "don't know" or "haven't noticed your post yet".
I should wait a couple of days before becoming indignant at the
lack of response.

In case it's helpful, some things that *are* doing well nearby are some
neglected apple (I think) trees and ground elder, grape hyacinths and
dandelions. Does any of this suggest why the buddejas are doing so

poorly?

Did you dig in plenty of compost before planting?
Did you firm the ground well after planting to ensure good root contact with
the soil?
Did you water them in well?
--
Nick Wagg