Old 05-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Stephen M. Henning

Default Suggestions for best filter plants

I have a 20,000 gallon pond (17'x47'x2'-4') with just minnows, no Koi.
I put my filter plants directly in the pond rather than in a special
veggie filter. My pond is spring fed, so I need fairly aggressive
filter plants. The pond has stone wall sides (old swimming pool) but I
have greenhouse benches under the water around the outside so I can use
marginals or under water plants. My biggest problem is string algae.
It even grows on the end of the spring pipes, so the spring water has a
fair amount of nutrients in it. What are my best choices? Zone 6.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman