Old 05-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Brian

Default Memorial tree plant

There are some very attractive willows grafted at about 5' to weep with
splendid catkins. They remain totally controllable.
Regards and Best Wishes.
"Rach" wrote in message
Hi,
This is a bit of an odd question I suppose but I have a really small patio

/
courtyard type garden, which gets a lot of sun. Recently my dog died. We
will get his ashes back later this week and I am going to plant them in a
massive post with a small tree - you know as a memorial.

Any advice as to which trees would work well?
I want something that will be hardy throughout summer and winter and will
not need to be moved inside in frosts. I am thinking of something that

wont
really grow above a metre and a half in height.

I was thinking perhaps a rose tree or some sort of palm tree?

I know this is an odd question, but I know virtually nothing about

gardening
and hoped that someone out there could help me?

Thanks

Rach