Old 05-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Theo

Default [IBC] Satsuki Cut Back

HI
I have an azalea that I collected 10 years ago in the garbage
lovely pink-white flowrs
last year I decide to bonsai it ,it was growing spindly
shapeless and slowly dieing back

so I drastically cut it but leaving some new branches(last year ones
few weeks later she sprouted nicely and had a wonderful blooming of
flowers ........with a major surprise
it is a suzuki !
some flowers were deep pink stained like in two color zone..

when i first trimmed and had a nice growth fom old wood i cut back
others branches that I left a little bit too long as sap suckers..
now this year after the flowers has gone I leave her resting for 10
days I already gave some fertilizer for rhododendroms and at the end of
the 10 days will ripot and rishape drastically as some branches are
still too long but as had many sprouts I can leave only few ones and cut
the remaining part and start styling it

you can see teh pictures of two of my azelaias and teh light pink
satzuki one:

http://groups.msn.com/BonsaiItalia/s...msnw?Page=Last

Theo

L'Umiltà è la Peggiore delle Presunzioni (la Rochefocault)

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits."
-Albert Einstein