Old 05-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Giancarlo Podio

Default Banana Plant, aquatic or bog?

I agree, I've had this guy in the tank for about 18 months now and has
had no problems at all:

http://www.gpodio.com/gallery/scene19.jpg

Tank is a 90 gallon, 1WPG, no CO2 and substrate as only source of
nutrients. Only thing however, the bananas despite not being burried
did drop off after about a year (found them floating around the tank).
Not sure if they are something that occurs when this plant is grown
emersed or other factors effect the growth and longevity of the
bananas. They show no signs of growing back but the plant is doing
well without them, although I can't really call it a banana plant
anymore :-)

Giancarlo Podio